Friday, July 6, 2007

jack

I was going to try and do a music finds, but don't think it's going to happen today... I don't know if it's still the shot or what, but my whole body hurts. I decided in spite of that to search through our storage closet for some papers I need for Ty's school records and a few hours later (and a whole bunch of "missing" stuff found) and I think that was a big mistake.

Anyway... this is "Jack".



The kids made me take his picture this morning and seeing as it will most likely be the only picture of him we get, I guess it was a good thing. Last night, Emeril (our dog) was going nuts barking at something, so I went to investigate and found this cat in the middle of our field. Since that is not a likely thing, I figured he was put out by someone or got lost somehow, and he looked like he could use a meal (although he looked really clean, etc). So, we brought him out some food and water and he stayed around a while. I wouldn't let the kids touch him last night (you know, the protective mom thing), but Tyler decided to call him Jack for whatever reason--lol. Anyway, we left him to himself last night and came in. Then, we had a storm last night and I thought for sure he'd be gone this morning, but he was outside waiting for us first thing. So, we gave him some more food and figured if he stayed around, we'd have an outdoor cat... not a bad thing in the country. He stayed on the porch all morning and the kids went out and talked to him for a while until I made them come in and leave him be. I watched him for a while sleeping in the sun on the porch, but then I got busy and the horse trainers across the way started stirring up dust with their tractor. I don't know if he got scared or was too hot, but while I was busy, he left and hasn't been back since. Tyler is very unhappy... he wanted Jack to stay, but I just don't know if we'll see him again. Just glad I got the pic of him to scrap... I guess he could have belonged to someone and if that's it and he went home, then that's where he needs to be. I's just hard for a 4/almost 5 year old to see that.

Lynn

0 comments: