Monday, July 16, 2007

more things in my hands

So I was thinking I'm going to have to add to my header pic up there soon... got more things to add to the picture that I will be posting about... not sure I can squeeze them all in my hand though and I'd have to re-do the whole thing... hmmm... maybe I'll just leave it as is...

Anyway, I had my first school staff meeting last Friday, got my class list, met the other teachers, got to check out what will become my room... I say "will become" because the walls are just now up. Our school is a private Christian school for grades Pre-K through 5th grade, and it just happens to be in the church I attend, which moved into / renovated an old Wal-Mart-- the space is HUGE! Anyway, our school has had to build and so they just got the walls up. Andrew went Saturday to help hang sheet rock. We've got less than a month and a lot of work to do, so it gets a little "panicky" if you let it. I got to meet the other Kindergarten teacher-- I think we're going to work really well together. She only lives about 3 miles from me, too... funny... So, tomorrow, I have to meet with her and with the school director to go through boxes, figure out what we still need, etc. My main "transition" I think is going to be going from "Mommy" to "teacher"... I am one of only a couple of teachers with small kiddos and so I'm struggling with making it all fit, where to have the kids when we're working, etc. Just a lot to sort out still...

I also saw Thomas' teacher from last year while I was getting groceries yesterday and am really hoping he has her again since she is moving up a grade as well. She hinted that he might, but we never know for sure since he is open-enrolled.

In other developments, I am officially going to be the "Discussion Group Leader" on the steering committee of MOPS in the fall. I was going to be on in the role of Hospitality Leader, but this actually will work out wayyyy better and is right up my alley, so I am excited about that, too.

Life is full of changes. And, the closer I get to understanding God's purpose in that, the more I see chaotic things swirling around me. I'm trying hard not to let those things take my attention of God, because I know all things are possible through Him who gives me strength. There are so many "unknown variables" still and so many things that can trip me up if I let them, but I am trying hard not to let them. The ironic part of that is the more you understand that, the more Satan attacks-- you've just got to try and keep going anyway. It's not easy, but it is right...

Had a song to share, but I can't find a good version of it, so I'll hold off for now... maybe I'll find it later and get it up. :)

Lynn

0 comments: