Saturday, October 27, 2007

So, okay, finally ready for the rambling post of things that have been going on inside my head...

Life has been busy before, but these last few months have gone beyond that. People say they are busy all the time-- we all think we are-- but this has been ridiculous-- seriously. No time to breathe ridiculous. A couple of people keep asking me if I've "gotten adjusted to working all day again"-- um, offensive question number 1-- like I wasn't "working all day" before-- whatever. But, that is not the "adjustment" part of it. For some reason, God has changed my life by a complete 180 over the past few months-- that is where the adjustment factor comes in-- and that would be the appropriate question to ask me.

Learning how to work within the perimeters of a school that is still developing has been... shall we say, hard. Learning and building curriculum, waiting and working for things to come together... that has been beyond hard. Trying to make life work-- also hard. Trying to somehow do all those other things I'm supposed to do-- almost impossible. Trying to be a good wife and mom... paying attention to life outside my schedule-- to family-- to friends-- I feel like I've been in a cave. Then you have other commitments I'm supposed to be giving to and Andrew's new job and his responsibilities as an asst. for scouts... I'm rambling, I know, but all of this to say it's hard.

And, my feet hurt-- LOL. I am going to have to invest in some shoes. I quit taking my meds for the neuropathy. Dumb? Don't know. I was having some scary side-effects and they seem to have subsided since I quit those meds. I have to re-schedule my dr. appts.-- just haven't had TIME.

Then, I actually spent some time in my "studio" this week-- doing report cards-- HA! I really need to find a way to scrap-- do I still even know how? Anyway... I have been following all the things that have been going on in the industry (from a distance)-- and let me just say-- whoa! Not sure what else to say except as someone who feels like a current "outsider", I can now objectively see where a problem bloomed. It's hard to give it words except to say that there are three (possibly more) segments of this industry now and it's difficult to see where that is going. Snapshots are not quite as publishable as they used to be and photography skills are of predominate importance. Scrapbooking has truly become photo-journaling in a way it never has been before. Because of this, artistic photography is weighing heavily in choices for publishing, and this has created struggles for both sides... and competition is not only stiff, but ugly. Photos are more important than good "design"... or even the thoughts behind the page. Don't know where it goes from here, and I'm not saying that this has to be a bad thing... but right now, it just is. It will be interesting to see where this takes things. I miss my creative space and all, but gotta say-- I don't miss this... ya know.

Enough rambling, just some thoughts. Just hoping for some balance someday. :) I'll be around.

Lynn

1 comments:

ginabad said...

Wow. Heavy. And I can relate. A new day job, still working on the side, raising kids (a 24/7 endeavor) and trying to find time for my passion...we have a lot in common! Hang in there!
gina b
www.mom-blog.com