Saturday, July 26, 2008

changes are happening around here

Yes, I changed my blog template again. I like the brown, but not sure if I like the 2 columns as opposed to the three I had before. I might look around a little bit more. It's kind-of a pain in the butt to keep changing all the sidebar stuff every time though, so I'll have to think on it.

My blog template is not, by far, the biggest change happening around here right now though. It has indeed been a pivotal week... Andrew will begin working from home (for now) sometime next week on this new venture he has been working on. When it is officially unveiled, I will feel more at liberty to discuss it, but for now, that is all I shall say. It is hard for both of us to believe that it seems to be working out, but that is God for you. Please keep praying though as this is all still in the beginning phases and we need God's hand guiding every step.

Secondly, and this may be somewhat shocking, don't know, but I decided not to go back to teaching full-time this school year. I have been back and forth-- praying, reading, listening... and for a long time, I think God has been trying to get me to take a step of faith. And, so, I did. I made phone calls and put it in writing on Friday. My plan for now is to substitute teach until I find something part-time with hours that will be the best for the kids. I have so little energy to start with (because of FMS and thyroid) and I just could not imagine trying to work all day, bring home work with me and still have energy for my own kids. As I mentioned the other day, the book I have been reading by Andy Stanley has really made it clear to me how important my family is to me and trying to work so much leaves none of me left for them. At the end of a day that long, I just collapse. So, I listened to God and took the step of faith that He has been leading me to take. And, I KNOW beyond a shadow of a doubt, that God will honor and bless that.

One thing that makes me feel bad though is that the other kindergarten teacher decided the same thing apparently... the day before me... and I had no idea! While I feel badly about the fact that they will have to start all over with kindergarten, I know that I made the right decision, and I know that God has a plan for me that won't steer me away from my kids. I am so looking forward to volunteering at school, going on field trips and being in touch with what is going on in Thomas and Tyler's school lives. I have felt so detached from Thomas' school for so long, and I really feel like he has suffered because of it-- overlooked permission slips, lost yearbook forms, getting behind on learning his times-tables, missed extra-curricular stuff, etc. And with Tyler going off to "big school" with him this year, it would just be awful. This is truly a much healthier situation for all of us.

So, I'm looking for a part-time job. If you know of anything let me know. :) So far, I've got some things out for library jobs and a part-time state job... but I would love a chance to write again... and I'm hoping to hone my photography skills, too. :)

So, that's what's going on here... it feels good to say it out loud finally. Please keep us in your prayers through these changes, though. It is exciting and yet scary... but I know God has something great in store.

Blessings,
Lynn

0 comments: