Wednesday, February 7, 2007

At my wits end!

I have been going through a series of medical tests and have been waiting for weeks for the results-- I just got a callback from my dr.'s office after waiting for over two weeks for this third cycle of results-- waiting for some cultures to come back-- and they are STILL not back! All we know at this point is that I have nerve damage (in my feet-- with no explanation-- and it is extremely painful and very difficult to walk)... and I was diagnosed with Candida (over a year ago by my GYN), but even with my GP, have not been able to regain my health from that even after going through a multitude of meds / treatments / diet changes. My dr. FINALLY ordered a series of cultures to get to the bottom of what strain of Candida is causing all of this, but in the meantime, I have been severely fatigued and not able to do much that requires standing at all for any length of time-- which is making me beyond nuts-- and really freaking me out!

I just really want to get to the bottom of it all, and I'm not getting answers fast enough... it is so depressing to feel yucky for so long and have no idea why... and it's scary to think it could be something serious and I'm just forced to sit here and wait! If anyone reading this has been diagnosed with anything related to Candida or neuropathy and has any insight they wouldn't mind sharing with me, I would so much appreciate it! I am really thinking it's time to change doctors... and I just really need some insight.

Thanks so much,
Lynn

5 comments:

Deanna said...

I don't have any information for you, but just wanted you to know I'm praying for a quick recovery and that they get to the bottom of the problem really soon. I'd change doctors if you don't feel you're getting there.

Deanna (scrappin-grandma)

Barbara Eastwick said...

Oh Lynn, I'm so sorry - I don't have any specific information, either. When things like this happen to me (or my children) I always check out WebMD - but I'm sure you've done that. I guess if your doctors don't know, it probably isn't something common. You're in my prayers, I hope you feel better soon!

R. Lynn Baker said...

Thanks so much, Deanna! Your prayers are so much appreciated!

Lynn

R. Lynn Baker said...

Lisa,

I had my thyroid levels checked as part of my total blood count and my levels were normal... that was a concern my dr. actually voiced early on...

R. Lynn Baker said...

Thanks, Barbara... yes, I've been reading like a crazy person-- which I know is not always a good idea-- yikes-- kind of scary! Anyway, thanks so much-- hope you are doing well!

Lynn