Sunday, February 18, 2007

An epiphany... and good thoughts requested for tomorrow morning...

So, I've been thinking a lot about organization lately-- I think mostly as a way to keep my mind on something "not-so-worrisome"-- but also because I am at this point in life where I'd like to surround myself with joyful stuff. And, I really do think life would be more joyful with some organization and aesthetically pleasing stuff thrown in just for kicks.

I am an organizer by heart, but you'd never know it by my house. Living with 3 boys (counting hubby), there's too much to keep up with, kwim? I started thinking about that today and I had an epiphany. I used to be more into decorating our home and enjoyed artwork, matching furniture (lol), etc., etc.-- before the boys came along. I think I honestly quit caring just because no one else in the house really cares about any of that stuff. Boys inherently don't care about the pattern of the curtains or what (if any) pictures hang on the wall-- or what the furniture they are sitting on looks like-- as long as it's comfy. So, when we moved here almost two years ago (gasp!), I didn't hang many pictures, or "theme" any rooms... I have become somewhat of a minimalist. Which, I don't think is a terrible thing, but, as I said, I am seeking joyful things lately... so, as soon as the medical stuff is out of the way, it's time to get back to the girl I am. :) Lucky for them, my tastes are not frilly, froo-froo anyway... at least I don't think it is... it's been a while. ;)

I plan on starting with a list of things to help get us better organized around here and then I'll tick them off one by one. First thing, definitely need a better system for separating our recyclables-- yikes-- our laundry room has been filled with bags of the stuff waiting for the trip to the recycling center. Luckily, dh just took a big load, so now is the time for a new improved system before the mountain begins again! If you have any really cool tips for organizing that work well at your house, I would LOVE to hear them! I am seeking inspiration on all things "home"! :)

Tomorrow morning is my appt. with the podiatrist... the first step to getting this all figured out. I am really optimistic about getting somewhere through this appt., so good thoughts are much appreciated! :) Just saw on the TV that we have an hour delay with school tomorrow, too, so... looks like I'll be taking Thomas to school, dropping Ty at my mom's, and then my appt. -- if it all goes as planned it should work out... gotta make sure I know where I'm going though... hmmm...

Anyway, that's that for Sunday night... thanks for any suggestions you're willing to share with the organization and thanks, too for the good thoughts tomorrow morning. :)

Tomorrow...
L

0 comments: