Tuesday, February 27, 2007

I *FINALLY* got the culture results

So after two phone messages to the dr.'s office today, I finally got a call back from the NP... Apparently, the results came in but the NP was stumped by it so she was digging for more info before calling me back.

Anyway, what I am dealing with is apparently Aspergillus Niger rather than Candida Albicans... thus, why nothing has been working I am guessing. The NP still wasn't quite sure about what it means, so she is going to have my GP call me tomorrow. She (as I do) feels that it is not the primary problem, but at least it might get us one step closer. Since she wasn't familiar, I did some digging on my own, too and apparently, this is the same thing that causes black mold and sometimes ear infections... hopefully, I will find out more tomorrow, but at least these first results are finally back. Still not sure what it means for the steroid shots with the neuropathy or what it means for the root cause, but moving in that direction soon hopefully.

If anyone out there has any other info on this, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
L

0 comments: