Tuesday, February 13, 2007

OK...

So, I got a call from the NP and she's referring me to a podiatrist-- I am expecting a call in the morning with the appt. info. At least this will give us a clue about what's going on or not going on with my feet. The NP thinks it might be Raynaud's disease (or syndrome if it ends up secondary to RA)... it's a vascular disease where the arteries are very small and have spasms (usually in the feet and hands) in response to cold. The oxygen then does not make it to the limbs and that causes the tingling, pain, discoloration, etc. It all makes sense-- the pain in my feet has been in spasms-- it's been a sharp electric pain though, which is what made us think it was nerve related. I've done some research on Raynaud's and it sounds very possible as the symptoms are all familiar. If that ends up being it, it could answer a lot of questions and cause a few others. It's often associated with another disease, so that could be RA.

As for the Candida, apparently, the culture will not be complete until the 22nd, but they verbally told the nurse that called that the initial slide showed nothing... what?!? THAT makes no sense at all since the original in-office slide confirmed candida... unless it's systemic, and then it might not show up on that type of culture as I understand it... so that could take us back to square one on that. But at least I'm getting a response and direction to move in now and that is of some help. So, that's where we are for now...

Thanks everyone for your supportive words and helpful email. I've been a mess and your input has been so helpful!

Lynn

0 comments: