Thursday, March 1, 2007

Another appointment, kids & pets

Got a call last night from the NP-- the dr. never called. They have phoned-in a very strong prescription-- VFend... scary stuff with a long list of drug interactions. It's intended for people who have compromised immune systems and have systemic infections. So, I called to have a follow up in person with the GP tomorrow. I need to understand this. Luckily, my follow-up with the podiatrist isn't until Monday. So, yet another doctor's appointment added to the calendar...

Meanwhile, without whining too much more about all of this (growing tired of hearing my own thoughts), I have tingling / numb hands now-- to match my feet-- and did not sleep well last night on top of it. I'm sure the worry is not helping anything. We have a chance of strong storms tonight, too-- right about the time the kiddos go to bed-- ugh! I hate storms!

OK, time for something happy...

Emeril, our doggie, turned one yesterday. So hard to believe! Where has the time gone? Isn't he cute?




















I made the mistake of saying in front of Thomas yesterday that our cat, Frankie (aka "Boozie") is getting old. So, last night, he went to spend some time with Boozie in my bedroom and was in there a long time. When Tyler went to find him, I could hear Thomas crying and he said, "I'm having a little moment." He was crying about Boozie dying one day... oh, he gets me right in the heart-- this child with his old sensitive soul. And Tyler comforted him, rubbing his back and telling him it would be okay. They know just what to say; don't they?

Note: cats are MUCH harder to take pictures of--lol. They like to be in control of every situation. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Note2: Frankie is not gray. Frankie is a beautiful orange and white kittie! :-)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Emeril!!I know how children get attached to pets and fret their losses because I was a child with loads of pets around and I know the pain and stress that I went through at the very thought of their passing away one day.Do stop by my pets blog sometime and lemme know if you like it!!