Saturday, March 3, 2007

My first day MIA

I know I have already added this to the bottom of my sidebar down there, but I love this song and just wanted to start off with something happy. This is such a beautiful song-- I think I have come to the conclusion that I kinda dig Hawaiian music. :)



Yesterday was the first day since I started this that I haven't posted. I was honestly just too worn out to bring myself to do it. Which I hate-- I was going for a record.

OK... on with it then... the good, the bad and the still unknown...

So, I saw my GP yesterday at last. He prescribed Itraconazole instead of the Vfend I was so worried about. I'm okay with that. Not nearly as much to worry about with this one. My insurance didn't want to cover it to start, but they argued until they did. It's a good thing, too-- good grief that is one expensive med! (gasp!) He answered what questions he could, which was good. Apparently, he is as stumped as I am-- this is just not something they have ever dealt with and I knew that. So, because of that, my GP is sending me to the infectious diseases people. That was a pretty big shock to hear initially, but then he explained that this med. could very possibly take care of it if it is the main problem we are dealing with, but that he wanted to take every precaution to understand everything we are dealing with since this is a highly unusual thing to find in this kind of culture. {Boy, was that a run-on sentence?!?! LOL But-- you get the point...} I appreciate him being thorough. I do though still think we need to be searching for the immune system answer-- I don't know exactly what they will do at "infectious diseases", but I am pretty sure at this point that RA is likely the culprit that is allowing all of these other things to "invade".

As for the neuropathy, I have my follow up first thing Monday morning, and have been advised by the GP that I should hold off on the steroid shots for now until we have a definitive answer from the I.D. people. At least I'll be getting the orthodics and MRI results then anyway.

I am soooooooo ready to be done with all of this. I am so ready to smile. :) I know I am suppose to be giving praise and find joy in all circumstances, but I have been struggling with that a lot. Thus, the song up there... if you have any other joyful things to share, I am wide open!

L

2 comments:

Shirley said...

so glad that things are progressing. giant hugs!

R. Lynn Baker said...

Thank you, Shirley... hoping that this means we are getting somewhere!

Lynn