Sunday, March 4, 2007

Hoppin' John

Takin' it easy today while dh is singing/playing at church. We go on Saturday nights as a family-- LOVE that... never thought I would, but it is sooooo nice for our family to be able to just take it easy on Sundays. Only time Andrew isn't here on Sunday mornings is on the Sundays his band is scheduled to play-- so it's 3/4 Sundays we're all home... very nice.

So, because he's been up since 6:15 this morning and went running, I put some Hoppin' John in the crockpot-- YUM! Honestly, it wore me out, but the smell is so worth it! lol This is my all-time favorite recipe, so thought I'd share it... you have really got to try this one-- it is awesome! :)

Hoppin' John with Smoked Pork Chops

Ingreds:
4 smoked pork chops (I use more)
2 (15 oz) cans of black-eyed peas, drained
1 green bell pepper
2 cloves of garlic, minced (from jar works fine :-))
1 onion, chopped
1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
3 T brown sugar (I use splenda)
2 T ketchup
1 jalapeno pepper (again, jar works fine :-))
salt & pepper to taste

Combine all in crockpot, cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high 3-4. Serve with rice.

Enjoy!
L

0 comments: