Tuesday, June 12, 2007

whew!

So I was supposed to have an interview this coming Friday at 3-- just got the email and then at around lunch time, they called to ask if I could come at 3 TODAY because they had a cancellation. So, I said I could and started getting ready. I am a person that likes to prepare a lot-- so this for me was way out of character, but I am trying really hard to let control go as I mentioned-- so this was good for me.

On the way into town, a truck with a trailer on it fishtailed and was headed straight for us (had the kids with me). We went down into a little ditch and came back out. I thought we had avoided being hit, but then I heard a pop. I fully expected to see a crushed side when I got out. But, there was no dent or scratch on the paint, just a totally busted tire. Praise God for his guiding hand and safety. The kids were with me and I am so thankful they were okay-- I cannot even put that into words!

SO... I ended up making it to my interview half an hour late, and it went really well. I'll hopefully hear something soon and will post more when I do. The funny thing is, especially after all the things that happened today-- whatever happens with the job is totally fine with me. I know however it goes, it's God's will and that is more than okay with me. :)

Lynn

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You just got it coming and going from all directions don't you?

Glad to hear everyone is ok!

I hope all goes well with the job.:)

R. Lynn Baker said...

Crazy, crazy summer so far, for sure! I'm glad everyone ended up okay, too! :) The interview went really well and after the accident, I was really at ease during the interview--lol. It's all in God's hands, so I'm good either way. :)

Thanks for your message-- I hope everyone is doing well!

Lynn