Monday, June 11, 2007

murphy's law

I, by nature, have been one of those people who has believed in Murphy's Law-- you know, the adage that says that anything that can go wrong will go wrong? Well, my faith tells me that that is not the way to think, so I have been really work to taking blessings for what they are and be thankful for them. I also have this thing about me that when things are going decently, I feel the need to duck and cover. I hate it. I really want to be an optimist. I really want to enjoy the moment for the moment. And, I know that God wants me to receive His grace thankfully even though I am not worthy of it... I know that is part of why it's "grace". So, I've been working on all that. I had an awesome day with the boys. We put got the pool all straightened out-- it's perfect-- had a blast. Took them to the library this morning and picked up some pool stuff before we came home to swim a couple of hours.

Last week, I made it okay to the appointments I needed to and finished up on my application stuff I needed to over the weekend. I've been tired (from being busy) but have been feeling a bit better and have settled in to the idea of a nice summer. So, I got very um, annoyed, this afternoon when some things came back to bite me that I just knew were going to... and really-- in the wide scheme of things, it's not a huge deal. But, you know that feeling when some things happen too easily-- well, sometimes, they are in the middle of something hard, but there are parts that are too easy (make any sense? lol) and you know that there's something that's going to come back bad or wrong out of it later? Well, that's it... and I think that is part of the whole "Murphy's Law" thing. Darn it, how am I supposed to become an optimist when this stuff happens? Sheesh... lol...

I know the answer... really, I do... it's in God's hands. It really is. Even knowing that, as a human, I just had to vent--lol. So, pray for me that I'll remember that God is way bigger than Murphy's or anyone else's law because I know that is what He desires of me. And, I so want to do and live what I know I should. :) K... vent over, just had to ramble on and on just for myself. Now, back to a pleasant summer.:)

Lynn

0 comments: