Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Answers

I have finally got some. It has taken somewhere around 3 years, but I finally got someone to tell me what is going on inside my body.

We don't know the "why", but at least we know that "what"... I do have hypogammaglobulinemia, which is basically a T-cell deficiency. My B cells are fine-- they recognize "invaders" and then take them to my T-cells, which are supposed to then multiply and gobble up the "invader", but mine just lay there. That's why I have the candida; why I have had the sinus infections; and even the abscess tooth.

SO, I just started a month's worth of diflucan so that if we can get rid of the bacterial infections with that, I can then start synthetic antibiotics.

The trick is that we don't know why this has happened. I have a positive ANA, but normal results on everything else. The immunologist said that I could possibly be developing arthritis or lupus (or something like that), but it's not showing up on the tests yet, so there's just to way of knowing yet. In one way, that makes you feel like a sitting duck, BUT, I am so glad that at least I finally got to someone who could tell me what was going on and take the right steps to treat it AT LAST. That part is a BIG relief.

Anyway... I have sooooooo much to do for school, etc. (orientation next Monday-- ACK!!!!!), so gotta get it in gear... just relieved to have *some* answers finally.

Soon,
Lynn

0 comments: