Thursday, January 24, 2008

young@heart

I've been wanting to post this for a couple of days... Andrew stumbled on this group the other night as he was working from home... I'm thinking that this is the type of old person I want to be... hip. ;)



(Yes, this is indeed the Ramone's "I Want to be Sedated"...)

This one (below) actually made me teary-eyed-- made me listen to the lyrics of this song (by Coldplay) in a whole new way. (If you have trouble with the audio on this one, click on youtube, it seems better there.)



And... from the old to the young... Tyler told me on the way home tonight that he is going to start looking for a girlfriend tomorrow--LOL. Apparently a couple of the kids in his preschool class have decided to be boyfriend and girlfriend. I told him it was fine for him to be friends with a girl, but to save all kisses for Mommy and Daddy. I told him he had all the time in the world to do that, and at first, he said he might wait until next year... then, he said, "nah, I'm going to start looking tomorrow". Oiy!

And just to even out this old/young post (can you tell aging is on my mind? LOL), this Rod Stewart song always makes me think of high school... my AP English/History teachers ended the year with this song and a slide show of all of us. A little poem I wrote was read at the end. Think I've posted it before, but it's fitting here too, so...

If the stars will tell us where we'll go, then ask them not for I do not wish to know.
For, if we know what lies ahead, then surely our dreams shall all be dead.




L

0 comments: