Friday, August 8, 2008

1st day of school

"What?" you say... "already?"... "Yes", I say... "already". I am in a quiet house. A very quiet house. My babies are at school... already.



This is the first time in a long, long time that I got to feel like a parent on the first day of school. I have this constant guilt battle though, so I almost feel guilty for getting to do that-- and guilty about being here in the quiet house without them. I'm working on that though, and trying to appreciate the undeserved grace in that.

Here are a few pictures of my big 4th grader and kindergartener (yes, my baby went off to kindergarten today) walking in to school... we decided to park and walk together for the first day. Come Monday, we'll be dropping them off from the car line. Just a couple of notes about the pics. The school rolls out a "red carpet" on the first day of school each year... thus, the red thing by the door... and, the lady who is holding the door (the one in the pink shirt), is Tyler's teacher. I had a couple more, but you know, Thomas' eyes are always closed. :)







And, this goofy guy is who I got to have coffee with this morning after dropping them off at school... well, I didn't have coffee, but you get the point. :)



Back to my part-time job search... have a good day. :)
L

0 comments: