Tuesday, August 19, 2008

some decisions to make

So, God has really been working on me these past few weeks, and it has been really hard to put all that into words. I've had this revelation about what grace really is-- and what people often wrongly call it. Grace can never be paid for or deserved in any way. This has been something that I have never really gotten until now. There are no strings attached and no good deed that can equal it. Grace is also not always what we think we want... sometimes it is the very thing we think we don't want... but, in that God shapes us more into the person He wants us to be and because of that, in the end, the thing we don't want often becomes the best thing that has ever happened to us. I know this is really deep for a Tuesday morning, LOL... I just finally get it.

So, after the past for weeks with God, He has shown me that grace is enough. Seriously. And, I need to stop fretting over making decisions, but in the end, whichever way I choose, as long as I live inside His grace, He will use it for my good-- and more importantly, For His. Is that to say I should quit seeking His guidance? Not at all. But, I need to stop putting so much pressure on myself to make the "right" decision. I need to pray about it and then leave it entirely up to Him.

His grace is enough for me.

0 comments: