Sunday, March 18, 2007

Vive Le Difference!



Today, we went to a birthday party for one of my nephews. There are six kids on this side of the family, and all the age of 9 and under... one 9; one 7 1/2; one 6; one 5 1/2; one 4 1/2 and one who is now 2... always a fun but noisy affair when we're together. Today, I was thinking about how different they all are, and yet because they are all so close in age, they are often compared... I think it's something inevitable with kids so close in age in any family... but I also think it is really important to be careful and let them be themselves-- without any comparisons.

My two kiddos are night and day from one another.


They have the same parents, same gender, same on the surface "interests", but totally different insides. I think that's good. And, I am realizing more and more as they get older how important it is to allow them that difference-- to celebrate it. They are them. And that is just right.

0 comments: