Thursday, March 29, 2007

The soundtrack of my life...

So, you know by now how much I love music... I've been appreciating it a lot more lately and thanks in part to my dh... and DSL (lol) have been finding lots of music that exists out there that I might not have found other wise.

Today is the day I usually post my music finds. And, in keeping with that schedule, this post will still have a few of them. ;) But, I have also been pondering "life" a lot lately and where I am right now. With all the health stuff happening when it has, it has been really difficult for me to find joy in a lot of things. {With pre-apologies for whining... I'm going to be totally transparent with this post here, too...}

I am not in a really "good" place at the moment. And I know, I gotta kick my own butt a little to figure that stuff out. The fatigue-factor wears on a person, but when you get to the point that it wears on your happy thoughts, too, it's time to figure out a way to force yourself to make some new happy thoughts. I'd like to say that scrapbooking still does that for me, but I have not scrapped in months. My room remains unoccupied-- except for the stuff that lays in wait... I just cannot get myself to do it. I have re-discovered the joy of taking photos, but still, I just cannot get my mind to be excited by it completely because it takes so much physical energy at this point. I am, in essence, stuck... and when you put all your eggs in one basket-- ie a dr. helping me to be un-fatigued (sorry for the cliche and improper grammar), well, you just stay stuck... and now it's going to be June before I *might* be able to see a dr. who can finally unlock the mystery of the fatigue...

So, in the middle of all those thoughts, I found a U2 video/song that-- gasp!-- I have never heard before (ie a music find-- see I told ya I'd get them in here;)) that says it all pretty darn well...



OK... moving on then...

Like I said before, there is some good music out there that you miss if you're not looking... I guess these guys have been around a while by the looks of it, but I had never heard of them. Granted, this is a punk band-- and I most likely would not have stumbled upon them, but Andrew played a song for me last night that as he put it is a good scrapbooking song. :) When you go to their myspace page, click on One Day, Six Months and you'll get it. :)

And one more... this one I found all on my own... Wait until Andrew sees the upright bass! LOVE the sound, the words... going on my soundtrack I think.



OH... and their myspace is here.

So, anyway... forgive the total introspective nature of this post if it seemed too cryptic to follow... but still... enjoy the music! :)

L

1 comments:

AF. Baker said...

Good call on the John Butler Trio. They're with Lava Records, which is a subsidary of Atlantic, and the "parent" company is Warner Music Group. This is a Major band! I like that song!

I noticed in the opening paragraph that dh is in low caps, and DSL was in upper caps. Does that show my priority? j/k