Wednesday, May 30, 2007

are you ready for the summer?

Are you ready for the good times?



This kid is... (almost every outdoor picture I have of the kid, his eyes are closed-- sheesh! lol)

Today was Thomas' last day of 2nd grade. I am so stinking proud of him! He LOVES school and has done such a good job this year! His reading and writing has improved greatly since the beginning and he got a nearly perfect report card. He also got a perfect attendance award and the "Homework All-star" award. He is so funny-- he had 3 homework passes he could have used and never did-- he didn't want to. He told me he likes homework... I am certain that will change--lol.

He is going to miss school (although right now he says he won't), so I am already busy planning the summer. We're going to get a pool, and he has cubscout daycamp, and we're looking at either swimming or guitar through the Y-- both are reasonable and he needs something during the summer. He'll also be going on a weekend scouting trip... and we're going to do chapter books and the library, park, etc. I want him to have an awesome summer-- he has worked so hard!

Next stop... birthday party. We ordered his cake today-- he wanted Shrek... totally happy with that-- anything green will work. :)

I also got all the info about preschool for Tyler today... he already has a big school list-- school shopping for 2 in the Fall! He is super excited to be getting his own backpack-- I am pretty excited, too. :)

L

0 comments: