Sunday, January 13, 2008

I should be working...

and I will... have some lesson plans to get to for the week, and I'm taking my personal day on Wed. and I have report cards to finish before Friday, but... I just had some things to post and a few moments to jump on.

I'm going to Dancing with the Stars on Tuesday night-- tickets a birthday present from DH. My Mom and I are going-- we NEVER do things like this, so I am REALLY looking forward to it! Anyway, hope to get some pics maybe-- we have decent seats, thanks to Andrew. :)

Anyway, just had to post about my new shoes, LOL. (Isn't my life way too exciting- ha!) I've been contemplating what to wear and finally settled on black slacks with a burgundy sweater that has some froo-froo around the collar. Then, it hit me, with my feet, I don't have a lot of choices, and somehow crocs just won't work I don't think, so I had planned to go buy some SAS shoes... expensive yes, pretty, not so much. So I looked around a bit and discovered some that were a bit "prettier" (within my standards of pretty these days, you know that does not mean heels or anything). AND not only that, but they were even cheaper-- go figure. So I am wearing them now to make sure all will be well come Tuesday, and let me just say-- if you have trouble with your feet, you need to go buy some of these! They are called Bare Traps. Not at all narrow and pretty darn comfy... YAY! I have some black "dress shoes" that seem do-able at this point! :)

I also wanted to post some pics here-- they are pretty much for me, they probably won't make any sense to anyone reading this, but I just wanted to get them on here for my reference... got my reasons. Just one comment about a couple of them though... the trees are in my "backyard"... I love this view and the fog rising up. These were early last spring before the trees came back to life... come on, spring-- I hate winter! Anyway, here they are...













That's about it. :)
L

2 comments:

ginabad said...

What? No shoe pictures?? I'm dying to see them! I have square feet - really - size 6 or less wide, so I am always looking for comfortable attractive and affordable shoes.

Enjoy your outing!
gina b
www.mom-blog.com

R. Lynn Baker said...

Gina,

They're sooooo comfy! I will post a pic later for you! :)

Lynn