Wednesday, January 23, 2008

With apologies up front (a whine-fest)...

Sorry... I know this is going to make me sound like a big, fat baby, but I've been holding it in all day and it's been making me sad, so I feel like if I let it out somewhere, I'll let it go.

My birthday was Sunday. In the middle of a 3-day weekend, which turned into a 4-day weekend due to snow. I was very happy for the break, but it's kind-of one of those things where the winter is such a drag, it's always cold and/or snowing and it's within that "let down after Christmas"... so, it's always been kind-of "weepy" for me, LOL.

Anyway, I had a nice birthday lunch with my whole family on Sunday, and the kids woke me up that morning with a bagel in bed (LOTS of butter-- ha ha)... so those were very nice things, so that is not at all where my whining is coming from... I am very thankful that my family is so close together and that I can spend birthdays with them. And, Andrew bought me tickets to Dancing with the Stars back in November, and so that was my present from him, so I cannot complain there. The boys didn't get around to making me a card like they usually do, and because I don't eat sugar, we didn't have a real cake, we went and picked up some sliced lemon bread, which was dry and I ate about 2 pieces of before it was gone... I know, whine, whine, whine... sorry. Nobody at work (and I mean fellow teachers, my Secret Angel, nobody) mentioned anything about my birthday before the break and then today I finally get back to work after the long break, and still no one remembered.

I know I am just feeling sorry for myself and I'm a big baby, but I guess turning 35 has me in a funk or something. When I turned 30, I had this same funk. I just feel insignificant. I don't know... I just find myself wondering if I *matter* you know... and really, that probably has more to do with turning 35 than it does with no one at work remembering, but it would have been nice if someone had noticed there.

I've been struggling with wondering if I am where I am supposed to be... and if I am supposed to stay there, so I guess if you combine those thoughts with nobody acknowledging my birthday at work, I guess that's why I'm whining... I know there are much bigger things I could concern myself with and lots of things that are WAAAAYYYYY more important than whether or not someone tells me "happy birthday", and so I humbly apologize again for whining, but I had to get it off my chest so I can move past it. Just a piddly little thing that I am sure I will get over... just needed to pout a little.

Now, on to other issues... my supernatural post from the other day... apparently, my dog must be quite gifted, because today, the barometer was on the floor with the top wooden piece popped off. The glass isn't broken, and I can glue it back on, but it was in the floor this time, so it must have been him. Now, how he got it into the chair last time, I would still love to know, but I guess my mystery is solved. I'm going to have to move the barometer or the lamp or something. Weird dog! LOL

L

0 comments: