Sunday, April 6, 2008

it's the end of our break

as we know it... tomorrow, we go back to life in the craziness... shoot! And, to top it off, it has been gorgeous today... makes it even harder... sigh.

I had a really well-rounded break with the kids-- didn't step foot in the school building all week... which was nice. We also slept late every day, which was nice, but makes the prospect of 6am look pretty awful, too. I didn't do too much of any one thing this week-- I cleaned enough, I got to see my family (extended, I mean), I got to work on photog stuff (which has only put me in the mood to do that all the time-- come on summer), I got to explore the world with the boys (including Andrew), I got to visit a church I have always wanted to visit, we got ice cream, went out to lunch, went to the library-- it has been *nice*.

So, I said I would post about our "family adventure day" yesterday... we went to the state capital city (very close-by home) and just walked around down-town. We ate at a local diner, took pictures, walked across the "singing bridge", listened to the world around us (have I mentioned that we also saw "August Rush" over the break? You HAVE to see it if you haven't!)... we found some cool chalk-graffiti and were able to add a little sidewalk art ourselves, just a very cool day... so, here are a few of the pics. I have a TON more, so I'll probably add in the coming days and will be putting some up on my photo blog, too.

*Someone had written "Join Hands" on the sidewalk with chalk-- the chalk was left behind, so Thomas and Tyler added some of their own art-- will add those pics later. Just couldn't resist the pose with the words.


*This is one of my all-time favs of Thomas-- just wish his eyes were open a little more-- he was standing outside an old building down-town.


*Can't decide which way I like this one... we were sitting in a booth in the diner and he was by the window... good lighting. :)It looks better bigger, too, so click on it.




These still need some tweaking, but I like them. :) Loads more still...









Back to life as usual for now,
L

0 comments: