Tuesday, June 17, 2008

did I mention...

that I am going to see the Counting Crows & Maroon 5 on August 30th? I thought not. I am. :) The Counting Crows are kind of the honorary band of our marriage-- every time i hear anything from August and Everything After, it reminds me of our first apartment... there was barely enough room for a couch, LOL. It actually had 2 distinct rooms-- living room / kitchen and bedroom/ bathroom. It was newly built and right off campus, which was good since it was walking distance to our classes and to the restaurant where Andrew worked. Life was so, so, so simple. We were young, we had friends (LOL), we didn't have much money, but it was okay because our apartment with ALL utilities included was only $350 / month (I think that even included Cable-- ha!). In our bedroom closet, we had a hook-up for a washer and dryer. We bought an old used dryer and would go to the laundry mat down the street, wash our clothes, and bring them home to dry them. Those were the days.

We celebrated our 14th anniversary this year-- blows my mind. We are so old, LOL. What stinks is that I FEEL older than I actually AM... hoping to change that... but I digress. Andrew told me yesterday that he told someone else that he is still crazy in love with me. I am so blessed to be with the love of my life. Life is not the same as back then in that little apartment off campus-- the world is not new and shiny; decisions are not easy; things are NOT simple anymore, but oh, how I love him still. In this world where I am not sure of a lot of things, that I am very sure of, and how grateful I am for that fact.

So, in honor of those thoughts and the Counting Crows... which I know I have done before... but hey, it's my blog... I found this of one of my favorite CC songs (not the best video, sorry). And, low and behold, it was from VH1 Storytellers, so it explains why the song was written-- always wondered. Adam Duritz is such a poet with his lyrics... "Every time she sneezes, I believe it's love"... ah, the lyrics.



Oh, and I think there's some Maroon 5 down there in my sidebar, too, in case you're interested. :)

Lynn

0 comments: