Monday, July 7, 2008

random (7/7/08)

It's been a few days and my world has changed, well, my world is "in flux", shall we say. I'm waiting on dinner to beep at me, so I thought I would just post some random things while I wait.

1. We took the kids to King's Island yesterday-- they had a BLAST-- me-- I am super tired today, but so, so, so enjoyed my family yesterday. We never "get away" and just do something for the sake of doing it-- that was how it felt yesterday-- kind-of a "free" feeling. The food, etc.-- definitely NOT "free", but we conserved. Can you believe a bottle of water (or coke or anything liquid) was $3.50?!?! I have tons of pictures to post-- will do that tomorrow. Thomas rode some big roller coasters, and Tyler actually got on some, too. Fun, fun day-- my favorite in a long, long time. Today, we crashed.


2. After the late night back from King's Island, I had an appointment with the integrative doctor to follow up since the Fibromyalgia diagnosis from the rheumatologist. I have been concerned about the low thyroid... tomorrow, I start Armour Thyroid. She wants me to have my hormone levels checked in late August, and to have an ultrasound of my thyroid (to look for nodules), if I don't see any improvements from taking the Thyroid. I'm a little nervous about that and am both nervous and anxious to see if the Armour Thyroid will make any difference.

3. Andrew is home for vacation all week this week. He got some "unsettling" news last week before the holiday, and we are in deep prayer about it. I don't really want to go into the specifics too much here, but we are in prayer and if you stumble on this post, I would truly appreciate some prayer warriors for Andrew and his work.

4. I am in the thinking and searching-- and waiting process on the direction of my life and what is the best thing for my family. I have a sense of "not knowing" that I have never had before-- I sort of feel like God has me "out of the loop" for a reason and that all will be revealed in His time. I know people say that all the time, but this is the first time I have truly had that sense. It's comforting, which is a strange thing for a type-A to say, I know... I think God is changing me. Maybe I am becoming an A-minus. :)

Okay, beeper in 2 minutes. I might change my little template here again later, I don't know... still pondering...

Until later,
Lynn

0 comments: