Friday, May 2, 2008

i haven't taken pics in a while

Been too busy with stuff... Thomas and Tyler went to scouts at a local living arts museum and they had a reptile night last night. Andrew took these with his phone, so not great quality, but at least we got them. I didn't go... and no offense Andrew about the pics-- it's not the "taker", just the tool. :)

I have another of Tyler with the snake, but it's on my phone. I wasn't at all surprised that Ty touched the snake, but I was surprised that Thomas did-- my kiddos are night and day.



Look at his face, he looks like he's counting the seconds until the snake is gone, LOL.


LOVE this turtle... well, I guess it's really a "tortoise".



As for me... I got my stuff to fill out in the mail today from the new rheumatologist... pretty intensive paperwork there... and I'm not supposed to fill it out until one week before I visit in June. I haven't gotten any results from the neurologist yet-- figured I wouldn't yet. I started the neurontin back yesterday and it's going to be a hard adjustment to taking it during the day. I took all of it at night last time I took it-- now it's spread out through the day. It's kicking my butt right now... I hope it gets better. It seems to be helping the tingling, but not even touching the twitches at all yet. I twitched all last night, had cramps in my feet and have twitched all day. It's like having an alien or something crawling under your skin-- you can actually SEE it... my hands, my arms, my feet, my eyes, etc. My foot was going crazy last night-- my toe kept moving involuntarily. BIG movements, too. It's worse at the end of the day when I TRY to relax. It's driving me crazy.

I've been thinking about the "no resolution" comment by this dr. I think (aka "hope") he was just saying that if I think there is one thing I can "do" to make it all stop without taking meds, then that's not going to happen... I have decided that if it makes it stop, I can deal with meds. And in retrospect, he made this statement shortly after I said that I didn't like taking the neurontin. SO, I am thinking he simply meant that there was no one thing I am going to be able to do just once and be done with it. What I WANT is to find the root cause-- to have an answer to the "what" this is, and then I want to DO what I need to do just to feel normal again. He did say after that "no resolution" comment that he thinks that it's still the right thing to do to find the root cause. That comment was a bit odd, too-- I kind of thought, "well, yeah, you think I'm just going to feel this way and go about life as usual, not wondering why it's happening?" But I realize he said things a little differently just because he is not from here, so I need to give him the benefit of the doubt, I guess. So, I guess I've calmed down a bit, but still just REALLY need and want to figure out what is causing this and move on. If it's Vitamin D, tell me, I'll take some... if it's some nerological disorder, tell me-- if it's autoimmune tell me... and then tell me what to DO and NOT DO, you know...

So, anyway, off to the weekend... going to take a little rest now... hopefully, I'll be able to get back to photog soon, I miss it. :(

L

0 comments: