Monday, July 14, 2008

OK, pictures at last (7/14/08)

So this is a re-cap of some of our summer thus far (not all, just some)...

Tyler seeing his very FIRST giraffe in person at the Louisville Zoo.


Petting the goat...


Acting like the goat...


The REAL deal...


NOT the REAL deal, but a cute photo...


This gorilla (can you even see him?) was SCARY.... The monkeys across from him were apparently tormenting him since he was totally alone in his area. He was creepy, sitting there, looking out of the corner of his eyes, and then all of a sudden he would take off running and run right into the glass where we were standing, with his mouth open, teeth flaring. I thought it was me or maybe the boys beating their chests at him, until I realized that he was just trying to get to the monkeys across the way behind us. Still, he was scary!


Thomas & Tyler in a fake "FedEX crate" at the small gorilla cage.


How Thomas stacks up to the gorilla...


And, Tyler...


They DON'T like to move it, move it... Lazy lemurs!


Iron Man at the zoo... cool. Not sure what the "5" thing is?? A wave? I don't know, but he did it every time.


Just one of Thomas hanging out. My boy is growing up too fast. He probably won't pose for too many more like this for me.


OK, this is funny NOW, not so much THEN. Tyler was determined he was going to ride this inflatable water slide-- a couple of stories high... because, of course, Thomas did it. Thomas gets up there and slides right down, leaving Tyler sitting there looking down the slide. Of course, he doesn't go. We spend the next 20 minutes or so trying to coax him down; he won't come. We convince the high school girls who were working there to let Thomas go down again (without paying) to get Tyler to come down. Finally, he does and of course says he wants to go again. Um, no... not until you're 30 and I don't have to try and get you down from someplace I knew you wouldn't come down from... oiy!


Moving on...

King's Island...

Their expressions as we approach the gate. Poor babies have never been anywhere so exciting; can you tell? These are REAL expressions... they were beside themselves!


Who lives in a pineapple at King's Island?


Tyler with Patrick...


This was the coolest ride... we all rode it actually. It was sooooo relaxing after all the walking. It was the Danny Phantom ride-- it made you feel like you were flying. This time, I thought Tyler was going to take a nap, LOL.


Just to give you an idea of the "flight". I was so surprised with Tyler that he rode this, but not as surprised at this as I was when he rode the Stunt Coaster! Sorry, no pictures of that-- my eyes were closed the whole time... OH MY... and that wasn't even the most of it. Thomas rode a bunch of coasters-- including the Crypt, which hung him suspended upside-down-- Andrew rode that one with him needless to say.


My cutie, Ty on the mini-bumper cars before we realized he was tall enough for the real thing. The first time on these, it took him forever to figure out how to GO, LOL.


Tyler, smiling at his opponent... he doesn't quite get that you are not supposed to be so nice to your fellow drivers in the bumper cars. :)


We always end any event on the carousel (when there is one)... this is a blurred pic on purpose... if you look in one of the mirrors, you can see Thomas.


Waiting for the fireworks with Mom... it's nice to have a picture of me with the boys... even if I look like I am about to die (I was... whew!)


La Tour Eiffel... well, kind-of...


Moving along... a fishing trip...

Andrew TRYING to teach Tyler to use his grandfather's old bamboo pole.


Thomas takes his fishing pretty seriously. He didn't catch anything on this trip, but he did during another trip to the river with my parents. I'll add his "fish tale" picture later... I still have to save it and re-size it (Mom, did you get that picture from Andrew?)


Daddy and cheesy-smile boy...


I took this one during the fishing trip... is it the sky or the reflection on the water? Hmmm... can you tell?


If you've made it this far, wow! That is only a portion of the pics-- I take too many, LOL... but now, I finally feel caught up with my picture posting here. :)

Tomorrow,
Lynn

ETA: What's up with the spacing on this thing anyway?

0 comments: